Monday, February 15, 2010

Social Security and the 10th Amendment. Tenth Amendment Center article

I have matured since writing this article, but it will give the reader more of a sense of my dedication to the principles of Limited Government, specifically as it pertains to Social Security and government's incursion into, effectively, retirement planning! Note that at the time of my writing this article, there was not much written about the improper role of the Federal government in Social Security, so I was going out on a limb writing something on this topic.

Also, note my background including an MBA in Finance when considering my position on privatization of Social Security. I have since writing this article also discovered the Social Security opt out plan enacted by Galveston County, Texas in 1981. It proves that a privatized solution to retirement planning can be enacted by the private sector and the markets as an alternative to the one-size-fits-all, government-run retirement system we now "enjoy."

http://www.tenthamendmentcenter.com/2008/01/14/social-security-and-the-10th-amendment/

No comments:

Post a Comment