Monday, February 15, 2010

Crockett: "Not yours to give!" Tenth Amendment Center article

I must first preface this entry by noting that the story quoted herein, regarding Col. Davy Crockett's remarks while Congressman from Tennessee, may actually be a fictional one. But it is a very good story at that, and one that is quite solidly based on sound Constitutional theory. A good story either way, and a decent article on my part, if I may so myself.

Further, once again showing my ability to go out on my own and offer analysis on the leading edge of the curve, I have since seen several reproductions of this story and even did one for Examiner.com for a column that I write.

http://www.tenthamendmentcenter.com/2007/11/19/not-yours-to-give-limited-federal-powers/

But, once again, it shows my solid understanding of the Constitution and the Framers' intents at instituting a limited government, as opposed to the general powers exerted by our contemporary government in Washington.

No comments:

Post a Comment