Monday, February 15, 2010

Limits vs Empowers. Tenth Amendment Center article

I find it almost comical how pundits and politicians alike on the political right are tripping over themselves to include references to "States' Rights," the "10th Amendment" and "Limited Government" in their...well, let's call it what it is...rhetoric!

I heard former Reagan Administration official Dick Viguerie open his remarks with, "Hello! I'm glad you could join me!" As in, on the side of Limited Government. And just today I heard Fox News Pundit Andrew Napolitano and Texas Governor Rick Perry competing for the most inclusions of these terms in their remarks. Right--where was this talk from 2000-2006, fellas?

Well, this link proves that I was active defending the principles of Limited Government, the Rule of Law and a focus on the Constitution of the United States in 2007-2008. While I disagree on the topic of 'privacy' in the Constitution as it pertains to abortion and Roe, a good article by the author I was responding to.

http://www.tenthamendmentcenter.com/2008/01/28/limits-vs-empowers/

And I doubt if my opponent in the March 2nd Republican Primary has ever tripped over this terminology during his career in Washington. But that's just biased political rhetoric.


Paid for by Friends of David Smith, Lucie Weaver, Treasurer.

No comments:

Post a Comment