Monday, February 15, 2010

Sessions' wikipedia page undergoes massive "editing"

Call it insecurity if you wish, or perhaps outright deception. Then again, maybe it was just a supportive "friend" doing the Congressman a favor before early voting begins tomorrow! But U.S. Rep. Pete Sessions' page on Wikipedia.org has undergone significant...shall we say...revisions.

One of my supporters previously added my name to Sessions' web page, noting that he would be facing an opponent in the 2010 Republican Primary on March 2nd. Well, another supporter called me this evening (2/15/10) to inform me that he had added me to Sessions' page and that I was not listed before he added mention of me. When I mentioned the other supporters' activities previously, we determined that Sessions' site had been altered.

Come to discover...it turns out there have been some other "edits" to Sessions' page as well!

Compare the following items:

Sir Allen Stanford and the "I love you, man!" email are not listed on Sessions' page. On the day that Allen Stanford was busted by Federal Agents for allegedly defrauding investors out of $7 Billion in a massive Ponzi scheme, Sessions emailed Stanford, saying, "I love you and I believe in you." Apparently the Congressman did not want mention of the $44,000 Stanford contributed to Sessions in 2004 made on a public access web page!

This item has been covered extensively in the blogosphere as well as in online media. The story was originally broken by the Miami Herald in late 2009.

No mention of the 2008 TARP Bailout is made, nor Sessions' voting for the bailout two times, on both 9/29/08 when it failed as well as 10/3/08 when it passed. I guess the term "Editor Pete" is preferrable to the term "Pete Bailout," huh?

I don't suppose that this type of behavior should surprise anyone who has followed Sessions for more than, say, five seconds. He refuses to debate me or even show up for our candidate forum on March 1st--the night before the Primary, for crying out loud! I guess being remembered as a sore loser will be preferable to having anyone think of him as honorable, trustworthy, kind, etc--all those Boy Scout things Sessions is so renowned for exhibiting.

Oh, it does make mention of his activity with the Boy Scouts...as well as his son's participation in the Boy Scouts...and his father's participation in Scouting!

I was a little surprised that it still had the "Taliban Pete" comment mentioned. I'm just a little bit put out that his Wikipedia page would mention "Taliban Pete" but not me.

Oh, well. Early voting begins tomorrow morning. Vote early, vote often!

No comments:

Post a Comment